InB4TheLock
Spring Projects - Printable Version

+- InB4TheLock (https://www.inb4thelock.com)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.inb4thelock.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: DIY (https://www.inb4thelock.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Spring Projects (/showthread.php?tid=293)

Pages: 1 2 3

Spring Projects - Mexas Joe - 03-07-2021

It's beginning to warm up and I have an assload of chores and projects to do before the heat of summ-ah makes it impossible. 

Opened muh pool yesterday as in all the chemistry is good and I was down 3 bags of salt over the winter. Waters still at 59 tho. 

Finished with raking/burning leaves. Put out pre-emergent of the lawn. Tried some very expensive shit my old man and brother use on their hay. It's a liquid. 

Dropping some cash on a bunch of new patio furniture. Nothing metal, as the salt from the pool has been hard on it. 

I'm leaning towards Feck It and hiring out the flowerbeds this year. Because I fecking HATE doing flowerbeds.

RE: Spring Projects - garyNconcord - 03-08-2021

Gary will be spending money on tractor implements this spring. Going to buy a 6' finishing mower tomorrow. There's a consignment auction this Saturday where I hope to pick up a turning plow and or disc harrow without paying an arm and a leg. Ready to do some serious gardening on the new compound we moved to last year.

And oh yes, SWMBO wants a pool. I'll be paying out the ying yang to put in a pool this summer. Contractor told us he is 5 months out on installations.

RE: Spring Projects - Mexas Joe - 03-09-2021

Pools are expensive and my realtor bride will tell you they don't add to the value of your home, they actually decrease the number of people interested in your home.

That being said I fecking love my pool and use it daily during the season.

Current pool is 23K gallons and 6 years old. Paid about 43K

Previous pool was built in 2004. About 20k gallons and paid around 28K.

Shits really gone up for no reason.

RE: Spring Projects - garyNconcord - 03-09-2021

Yeah, everything I've read says pools offer the least return on investment housewise. However for the sake of my marriage/peace of mind we're getting a pool. SWMBO want's one, by God. Although the idea of an attached spa has my interest. Yeah, its going to cost. I don't have numbers yet, but I think I'm going to be about 10k over your high number there.

RE: Spring Projects - Vagus - 03-09-2021

Hoping to get the back deck replaced. It's in repariable shape, i could keep it alive for awhile. But i want some cover, which will involve some roof work. While we're at it, might redo the patio the former owner poured himself. It was a good attempt, there's just that pesky thing with grading some limited folks don't consider.

All that happens after I replace my HVAC and drink myself to death. I think it's a pretty good plan.

RE: Spring Projects - Mexas Joe - 03-09-2021

My tankless hot water heater has started to shut off in mid-shower. It's throwing an error code for ignition.

Yoputube vids show me the problem is possibly a clogged burner tube from a moth or spider.

So I gotta tear that shit down tonight or keep enduring sudden cold showers.

RE: Spring Projects - snowman - 03-14-2021

Working on building out my pole barn. 40x60 shell and concrete were done last fall. Been framing out the shop and office area. Small bathroom, closet area.

Started electrical today. Spent 4 hours crawling around above the liner panel. In the garage side. Hanging ceiling boxes, bracing for those boxes, pulled the wire in. Glad i had my dad helping down below so i wasn't up and down all the time. He stayed on the scaffolding, my 9 year old kept him supplied with materials.

All in all, i got it probably 60% wired today. But I'm banged up as hell.

RE: Spring Projects - Mexas Joe - 03-14-2021

Need pics of said pole barn.

RE: Spring Projects - Trub Lou - 03-15-2021

I had two half hour projects this weekend. One turned into 4 hours and the other is still ongoing and involves a giant hole in my bathroom ceiling.

RE: Spring Projects - Mexas Joe - 03-15-2021

Wanna talk holes in ceilings? Last week somebody left the fart fan ON overnight in the male employees shitter and damn near burnt down Mexas Inc. 

[Image: NbOwMNI.jpg]

[Image: 9AVYnL4.jpg]