Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Portable Battery Jump Starters?
Anybody own one of these?  Jumper cables are normally my go to, but I decided to try one of these portable starters as a first resort.  I bought a Noco GB40 from Wally World, this unit gets solid ratings from Amazon and internet reviews.  If it works it will be a handy item to own!!

https://m.northerntool.com/shop/tools/pr...lsrc=aw.ds
I've got this one and love it
That's a nice one!! I like that it has an air compressor.
I got one with jump kit and compressor when I started hitting the beach for camping and fishing. Almost a necessity
The idea of not having to hook up all the cables and depend on another vehicle rulz.
I have this one. Works great. Actually had to use it 2 weeks after I bought it.

I considered one with an air compressor, but they all seem to be underwhelming. The last one I had wasn't worth a shit.
_________
You can never carry too much ammo, unless you are swimming or on fire.
That one's got a lot of power and a great price! I'm gonna add it to my list for future buys.
(05-05-2022, 02:00 PM)Augie91 Wrote: That one's got a lot of power and a great price! I'm gonna add it to my list for future buys.

And it is surprisingly small for what it is. No more 30 jump packs for this old geezer!
_________
You can never carry too much ammo, unless you are swimming or on fire.
I know, I know Harbor Freght. The brand's different, but bought one like this from HF about 3 years ago. It's saved me a number of times cranking the tractor and some lawnmowers, along with using the compressor pumping up low tires. It's still working too.

https://www.harborfreight.com/630-peak-a...58978.html
I've bought a pole saw, a jig saw, a hammer drill, a tile saw, and a heat gun for my pellet smoker tube from Harbor Freight. All were priced solid and have performed well. All I use 2 or 3 times a year for small jobs. A few other items I bought there... Welder gloves for my fireplace, a furniture dolly for my electric smoker.

I had to use my jump starter last week when my daughter's battery gave out on the Accord. Worked like a charm, but seemed a tad weak. Don't know how it would work on a bigger engine. Im gonna go extra amps with my next jumper.