Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summer Vacation 2020 - Yes or No?!
We are gonna do it in August!  Flying out of small airport to Florida.  Staying in condo in relatively small beach town.  Wear masks on plane.  Get groceries delivered or carry out.  Social distance on beach and I'm thinking all is solid.  Funny thing is we went to same area for Spring Break right before BIG COV hit. Literally finished Spring Break with beaches shutting down.  

Who else is hitting road for summer vacation, where you going?!
We will be in Destin the 2nd week of Aug. Big ass house on the beach. They shut the bars back down, just hope they don’t screw with the beaches.
(06-27-2020, 11:55 PM)Mexas Joe Wrote: We will be in Destin the 2nd week of Aug. Big ass house on the beach. They shut the bars back down, just hope they don’t screw with the beaches.
We used to rent houses, but lately have been doing condos cause kids like the pool.  When we were there for Spring Break the bars were shut down, and  restaurants only had carry out which included liquor.    Just know where the Walmart or Piggly Wiggly or Publix is and you'll be solid.
We decided to stay in Iowa for the 4th this year, and I spent my $400 in Ohio gas money on fireworks already. Big Grin
Hmmmm... I think I should load up too. We are staying home for 4th too! Our kids LOVE fireworks. What did you spend your $$$$. On??
Take a look at the thread in the ATF forum. The highlights are some banked charges and mortar shells, but I also got some midsize rockets and some kid stuff too.
Yes! Making a list!!!! Next week I BUY!!!
We did our big vacation at the end of February (India). I'm going to meet my brother in Myrtle Beach for a few days in August. I might also drive up to Philly for a week in late August or early September.
Taking a few trips in the 5th wheel. Went to N. Myrtle Beach week before last, right when it and Myrtle B. proper were turning into Covid central. The one restaurant SWMBO and I ate at had obviously removed tables. We weren't crowded, but there was definitely a crowd on the outdoor pavilion, and no social distancing there. Spent most of the time at the campground, and in the RV while it rained.
I have a week coming up in mid July. Most likely will be a staycation.