Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Muh-Gunsmithing
Got my niece's BF (soon to be fiance) an AR lower for Xmas and I'll mentor him on his very first AR and build. He's a hell of a good young man and never had a dad around to teach him such things.
Niece's BF got his AR build finished. He was excited to try it out.

First round fires, ejects and chamber's 2nd round. 2nd round just clicks and there is a small mark on the primer from the firing pin.

Any ideas? I've not had this happen. Headspace?

PSA lower/Aero upper.
Is the bolt going into battery? Need a stronger main spring?
Buffer spring, hammer spring or trigger spring. That or shitty ammo.

_________
You can never carry too much ammo, unless you are swimming or on fire.
Ammo is decent Winchester 55grain fmg.

Headspace good. Weapon apparently needed lube and some 62 grain rounds for the break in. Go figure.
Getting behind on this thread. 

Mounting Trijicon Credo 1-8 on my last AR build today. 18' barrel. I wanted mid-range but can still QCB with this rig. 

[Image: e38ozza.jpg]

[Image: ifQemJ0.jpg]
I run a G22C as my favorite. This here is a new one I decided to throw on a Holosun optic.

But why do you have multiple G22's Mexas? You can only shoot one at a time.

Because Feck You. That's why I need more than one. 

[Image: JTz313m.jpg]
Got errything for an AR-10 build. Muh first of that caliber. May do that this weekend.
[Image: YvBwZyp.jpg]

[Image: Pr4b0yA.jpg]

Waiting on a new slide release and this G22 will be done. Now just need to sight her in. 

Holy Feck I have a stack of weapons waiting to get sighted in. Don't wanna shoot in the 100 degree heat tho.
Nice! Do you have plenty of places to shoot the AR? Still need to shop for one, SO fun to shoot.
Usa