Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Currently in the fermenter
I brewed a double ipa two weeks ago in preparation for the super bowl.  Allen-Diggs double coverage ipa.  10 gallon batch size..  18lbs DME, 2lbs honey. 2lbs steeped 10l crystal malt. 8oz Simcoe bittering. 3oz citra flavor. 2oz cascade aroma. Vermont pale ale yeast.

Last weekend I moved that to secondary and made my traditional arrogant bastard clone and pitched that on top of the double ipa leftover yeast. That was an explosive fermentation.  I had to replace the blow off pot with clean water because it was overflowing.
I've been brewing quite a bit lately. Kegged a Hoppy pale ale yesterday (Rakau and Huell Melon hops). I used a new yeast - Sundew. It supposed to have berry esters.
Like something you'd use in a berry weiss?
I used to brew a Simcoe IPA that was my favorite beer to drink. Love the Simcoe hops!!!
Usa 
(01-17-2021, 02:58 AM)Trub Lou Wrote: Like something you'd use in a berry weiss?

I'm sure that would work. I'll be tasting some tomorrow. I want to bring a few bottles along with the beer I brewed for my niece's 21st up to Philly on Wednesday.  I also have a big pseudo lager (10% abv) fermented with Lutra Kveik that I'm bringing.
Post some pics of your setup if it's convenient! I have not brewed in over 10 years, now that the kids are getting older I should try to brew a few batches come spring time!! I still got all my equipment gathering dust.
Usa 
BDutton, if Mahomes is out next week, you should brew another batch, pronto! You're gonna need it for an epic SB party!
(01-18-2021, 12:20 AM)Gusso Wrote: BDutton, if Mahomes is out next week, you should brew another batch, pronto!  You're gonna need it for an epic SB party!

The Allen-Diggs Double Coverage IPA and the Arrogant Bastard Ales are both 10 gallon batches so I plan to have both on tap for the SB party.  This weekend I will have one on tap (Allen-Diggs  DC IPA) for the AFC party.
Great Beers! Great Party!!!!
Usa 
AG starter probably tomorrow for something.....