Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Recipes
The classic from the GB - Liquid Stupid (aka Drunken Monkey).

Here is one of my tried and true recipes I thought I would share with all of you. I think that this last batch was the best ever so I'll give you that variation.

5 gallons

Grain:

13# Ida Pils
3# orange blossom honey
1# Clear Belgian candi sugar (sugar
1# Honey malt
.5# carapils

single infusion mash at 150 degrees for 1 hour

hops:

2 oz hallertauer 60 min =26 ibu's
spices:

1.5oz. orange peel
1.25oz. corriander
.5oz. Ginger root
Irish moss

spices and moss added in the last 15 minutes of the boil

Add honey in while chilling at 180 degree mark (very important)

Yeast is wyeast 3787 with a starter. Have never used anything else on this beer so I cannot suggest any subs. I'm sure anyting belgianish would be fine.

Now you HAVE !!! to let this on set. Seems like 4-5 months at least. The longer it sets the smoother and more "stupid" it gets. Meaning it gets smoother and easier to drink, and will get you into trouble. On this last one I am down to the last couple of bottles. It is 8 months old and really hitting it's prime.

Starting gravity will be around 1.090 and finish about 1.014-1.018. if you have any problems getting it to drop put in some champaigne yeast and watch it closely.

You may find this one to be a little "hot" (alcohol) at transfers. very normal, RDWHAHB.

Well, that's weird. When I copy from the old board it comes out yellow. I did so a few weeks ago and it was fine.

Here is one of my tried and true recipes I thought I would share with all of you. I think that this last batch was the best ever so I'll give you that variation.

5 gallons

Grain:

13# Ida Pils
3# orange blossom honey
1# Clear Belgian candi sugar (sugar
1# Honey malt
.5# carapils

single infusion mash at 150 degrees for 1 hour

hops:

2 oz hallertauer 60 min =26 ibu's
spices:

1.5oz. orange peel
1.25oz. corriander
.5oz. Ginger root
Irish moss

spices and moss added in the last 15 minutes of the boil

Add honey in while chilling at 180 degree mark (very important)

Yeast is wyeast 3787 with a starter. Have never used anything else on this beer so I cannot suggest any subs. I'm sure anyting belgianish would be fine.

Now you HAVE !!! to let this on set. Seems like 4-5 months at least. The longer it sets the smoother and more "stupid" it gets. Meaning it gets smoother and easier to drink, and will get you into trouble. On this last one I am down to the last couple of bottles. It is 8 months old and really hitting it's prime.

Starting gravity will be around 1.090 and finish about 1.014-1.018. if you have any problems getting it to drop put in some champaigne yeast and watch it closely.

You may find this one to be a little "hot" (alcohol) at transfers. very normal, RDWHAHB.

Have fun Alpha Male withstupid.gif

works from PC
Thanks! I think this one may get me back on the brewing wagon.
_________
You can never carry too much ammo, unless you are swimming or on fire.
Might do the Screaming Viking tomorrow with basically the same recipe as above. The main differences will be Hornindal Kveik yeast and a cucumber.
Biere de Garde. Seems a simple enough recipe with my abv in mind. But I'm going to use Omega Gulo yeast. Just ordered another kegerator, so I can now have 4 beers on tap!

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/r.../farmhouse
Might tweak this recipe tomorrow. I've been getting really good efficiency since I went to BIAB for the mash. Might totally drop the 3# of honey and add one more pound of sugar. I'm also going to tone down the spice additions and replace Hallertau with Styrian Goldings. Come to think of it, I've always used Styrian in my Tripels. Dry yeast, too - Lalbrew Abbaye.