Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Talk to me about Vodka boys!!!!
So I normally drink Bourbon, but a recent episode of Moonshiners has got me wanting to revisit Vodka. I've enjoyed drinking it on ice in the past.   I'm thinking I will acquire one of those monster bottles of Kirkland Vodka that is rumoured to be Grey Goose in disguise.  So my main question is how do you suggest I drink it this weekend?!?!  I need some flavor.  I love olives, heck, I'm willing to mix it with Mountain Dew.  Right now I'm partial to Bourbon so help me figure out how to drink this clear liquor!!  Help me flavor it up!!
You don't drink vodka for the flavor. Vodka Martini, vodka tonic, vodka and just about anything you might drink. It's already significantly watered down at 40% ABV, but you can do like half and half of another dilutant and get something around 20%. I mean it works, you just end up drinking some volume.

I enjoy titos, 3 olives, smirnoff (only for mixing), Belvidere, Ketel One, and Finlandia.
Not a fan of vodka, especially straight. I can tolerate it mixed but straight tastes like rubbing alcohol.
I'll drink it straight, but am looking for some input on mixers. I do like Spicy Bloody Mary's so I will explore that a bit. Hmmm. Cranberry juice sounds good. Maybe pink lemonade?! Definitely will try 7up.

https://www.themanual.com/food-and-drink...ka-mixers/
Since I'm off beer, vodka is my go-to.

My nightcap is 2oz vodka, lime flavored soda (no calories) twist of lime.

Oh, I've tried many, many brands and I honestly can't tell a damn difference between potato, wheat or any other base.

As a matter of fact, I stick to any brand that's $20ish per handle and it's just as good as anything $35 and up.
Ya, I've cut back on beer BIG TIME too. I don't miss it much and think I've lost a few pounds without it. It REALLY dries me out, especially the IPAs I like, and I feel like crap the next day. Lately, I will have mostly liquor drinks and maybe one beer. I pair the liquor with calorie free mixers so there's fewer calories. I TRY to only drink on weekends, but sometimes I fail on that. ***Sips Bourbon & Diet Coke***
I buy Tito's. Agree that it's mostly just for putting in stuff. It's half the price of grey goose and I don't notice a difference between the two, nor has anybody I've made do a blind test. I think you could probably find a way to save another few bucks a bottle if you were desperate, but I'll argue that if you're at the point where the price difference between tito's and the next best thing is significant, you probably need to evaluate how much you're drinking.

That said, it's typically just a breakfast thing for me. After 11am, I'm either reaching for brown liquors or at least making a martini, which, as we all know and agree completely with, is made with gin. I like them dirty and dry.
Oh man, though, if I want to get the same effects as joose but without having to pay royalties on taurine and lightning, there's nothing better than stoli vanil and red bull. Freaking amped zombie. Five of those at a 70% mixture and you are having the most fun you will never remember. Blackout lives matter.
Lol. There's a fine line between saving money and flavor for certain. Usually just a few bucks separate the two. Spend a little more and I find the liquor usually goes further so it's a worthy investment.
Alcohol isn't an investment, it's a return. It's medicine, food, fun, and freedom all in one. It is its own cure. It must flow!

Blackout lives matter!