Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hummingbird Migration!!!!???
I've had a feeder out since spring and only had a couple of sightings. My wife's gladioias started blooming which are adjacent to the feeder and I'm seeing them daily now. They're working both the feeder and the flowers. Variety is apparently the spice of life for H'birds too.
Ya. I think they actually prefer hitting the flowers more than the feeders. They definitely like variety.
Put up my feeders a week ago. Had a customer immediately. Curious to see how many will frequent them.
Usa 
I had a couple up in the back and while I was in the garden on the side of the house, one buzzed through so I moved them to the garden area.
The longer the feeder is up, I think, the more they become accustomed to us walking about. Our feeder is hanging within 5 feet of the Weber. I'm out grilling, and they often fly right up and feast. I just move slow and enjoy the view. Beautiful animals.
Video of hummingbird feeders at my mom's house in WNY.

https://www.facebook.com/bill.dutton.102...3338634732
I'll send to my wife, she has FB. I witnessed a HB dogfight the other day. I got 2 feeders out, over 10 feet apart, hoping they will live peacefully. Last year's I saw 3+ about and it got tense!