Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Building with concrete bags
Last year we used about six bags of concrete that got wet at camp to fill in a washout.  Stripped out off the bag and threw em in the washout and it helped a bunch.   Need another five or six this year but was looking for a faster way to cure the concrete than putting them at camp for a few months to be rained on.   Anyone know a good way other than standing over them with a hose for 30 minutes or so?

Was thinking about filling a cooler with water and dropping them in and poking a few holes in teh top of the bags.
I know absolutely nothing about concrete. Maybe Vagus could throw a few extra body parts in the wash.
Aren't the xl landscaping blocks about 60lb and the same price as a sack of quickrete? That might be less hassle.
Other than that, all I can say is that wrapping them in a tarp in my driveway with the intent of using them in three weeks seems to do the trick for me.
Toss them on the ground. Toss some dirt on top to protect them from an immediate rain event. Ground moisture will cure them in just a couple days
Most lumberyards will simply give you bags that are torn or have gotten wet so they don't have to haul them off.
(05-13-2020, 06:51 PM)Mexas Joe Wrote: Most lumberyards will simply give you bags that are torn or have gotten wet so they don't have to haul them off.

Will give a few a call.   no a bad idea.
(05-13-2020, 06:51 PM)Mexas Joe Wrote: Most lumberyards will simply give you bags that are torn or have gotten wet so they don't have to haul them off.

Racist!! :p
(05-15-2020, 05:46 AM)Badogg Wrote:
(05-13-2020, 06:51 PM)Mexas Joe Wrote: Most lumberyards will simply give you bags that are torn or have gotten wet so they don't have to haul them off.

But.. but... but... muh concrete!
(05-15-2020, 05:46 AM)Badogg Wrote:

Like old times.  Big Grin