Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AR tax.
Dicks.....

The recent violence is prompting one House Democrat to draft a measure aimed at severely restricting access to the AR-15-style weapons used by different gunmen in the carnage. Rep. Donald Beyer of Virginia, a member of the tax-writing House Ways and Means panel, wants to impose a 1,000% excise tax on assault weapons.

"What it's intended to do is provide another creative pathway to actually make some sensible gun control happen," Beyer told Insider. "We think that a 1,000% fee on assault weapons is just the kind of restrictive measure that creates enough fiscal impact to qualify for reconciliation."

New AR-15-style guns range from $500 to over $2,000 depending on location, NBC News reported. That means a 1,000% tax on the weapon would add $5,000 to $20,000 to their final sales price — and would probably keep it out of reach from many younger Americans.
Usa 
Do you want person to person sales of firearms regardless of what laws you pass? That's probably the most effective way to create a black market they could create. And with an estimated 20 million of them in the hands of the public now, the market should be pretty brisk.
https://www.newsweek.com/errol-webber-sn...ax-1713537

"Simple solution: Say a particular AR-15 costs $950. Then gun store owners simply need to sell a 'fun-sized' Snickers bar for $950. Then have the customer eat the candy at the store so they can't request a refund. And then sell the AR-15 for $1. Then charge the $10 excise tax," he tweeted on Monday.

A similar tactic is already being used in Washington, D.C., for people to purchase marijuana. In the nation's capital, it remains illegal to sell marijuana, though possession of less than two ounces is legal for people who are at least 21 years old.
Usa 
An exorbitant tax to be able to exercise a basic constitutional right?

I thought we had specific laws against that kind of thing.
(06-08-2022, 11:22 AM)Trub Lou Wrote: An exorbitant tax to be able to exercise a basic constitutional right?

I thought we had specific laws against that kind of thing.

Ya something tells me that wouldn't hold up to a court challenge.
I mean, I guess it would if you sent an assassin after the judge. Do you even BrandonAmercia, bro?
I'll take 2 $500 twix and one .50 cent AR plz.