Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skipping Christmas Road Trip
Plan to bug out between Christmas and New Years. Bride is off work and my work is always slow. 

She wants to take the camper to KY and do the "Ark Experience." 

I don't GAF so long as she's happy but know nothing about this. Who's seen this and is it worth a 1/2 day to visit?
I've never visited but have lots of friends that thought it was really cool. I can reach out to them if you'd like for advice?! Further, we can recommend some good places to eat and drink in the Lexington area. As well, there's a few distilleries you should consider visiting! Woodford (Versailles) and Buffalo (Frankfort) are the bomb. We are getting away for Christmas too. I don't really talk much to my sister. Have not had any family get togethers since before Covid.

Red River gorge and Cumberland Falls are great parks in that area. Having lived in KY for 18 years we've experienced a lot in and around that area.
Usa 
Thanks Augie but you don't have to reach out to them. She want's to go so that's it. I'll plan shit I wanna see along the way. Never been to KY.
A few things I think you'll be driving by...

Corvette museum in bowling green.
Mammoth Cave.
Versailles - Woodford Reserve.
Lexington 

You are gonna be pretty close to Cinci too
Usa 
(11-04-2022, 01:53 AM)Mexas Joe Wrote: Plan to bug out between Christmas and New Years. Bride is off work and my work is always slow. 

She wants to take the camper to KY and do the "Ark Experience." 

I don't GAF so long as she's happy but know nothing about this. Who's seen this and is it worth a 1/2 day to visit?

It's gotta be something to see at very least. My former boss was big time religious. Like, he'd be gagging on his tiny ration of lunch yogurt over the sink and need to pause for a moment so he could embrace god's love. Like, every day. Dude would stop randomly and bask in the sunshine. Now, you know me, i don't have a religious bone in my body, but i respect belief and peoples beliefs. cuz I also don't have any of the answers that religion provides. So as much as I hated my boss for different reasons, I listened to his deal and talked with him about stuff.

The Ark Experience was his dreamland. Apparently, he's a founding member. Been funneling money their way for years. Man, when i heard him first explain it, i figured he'd been scammed. "Full size ark! Got the blueprints from the bible!" Can't be real. But imagine my jaw when they actually opened. Mexas, you have to go just to say you did. Worst case scenario you get caught in a timeshare pitch where they want you to convert to grothedist or something.
(11-04-2022, 02:20 AM)Augie91 Wrote: A few things I think you'll be driving by...

2O MINUTES FROM BUZZARDS ROOST FREE RV PARK -(Corvette museum in bowling green.
Mammoth Cave)

WILDERNESS TRAIL DISTILLERY >Versailles - Woodford Reserve.

IF YOU LOVE HORSE MANSIONS -Lexington 

PASS -You are gonna be pretty close to Cinci too
Lexington - eat at Ramsey's diner Andover, drive 2 blocks and visit Liquor Barn. 1837 Plaudit Pl, Lexington, KY 40509
Usa 
Ended up cancelling this trip. Kinda a long ass drive. So I booked 3 nights in Hot Springs instead. Now boss has decided to cancel this as well since the Wx looks freaking cold. Like highs in the teens. Wife says since nothing will be open she would rather stay home than be stuck in a camper in the cold. The plan was to do a bunch of hiking in the National Park but if the high is gunna be in the teens feck that noise.
Get that state warmed up!!! Augie wants to wear shorts!!
Usa 
Mexas will you all reschedule your trip(s) for another time? Sorry to hear that the weather is spoiling it. Cold weather is the worse, our area is getting hammered with temps close to zero with wind chill.
Usa