Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Picked up another bike
I don't need another bike but I got one anyway. It was listed on FB Marketplace in Beaufort, SC. My wife and I made a day of it, we drove down, picked up the bike, then made our way to a distillery and meadery. The Meadery is owned by an old Bluebie - Realbeerguy.  The bike is a Fuji Barracuda (circa 2012). It has 105 components and is in great condition. I bought it from a marine who picked it up in Okinawa. 

[Image: PXL-20230902-222953169.jpg]
[Image: PXL-20230904-174947356.jpg]

I installed a rack that was sitting in the garage. I replaced the SPD SL pedals with old pedals with cages that will also be replaced when new pedals arrive later today.
Nice
Japanese bikes are usually really good quality.
Sweet score although I know nothing about bikes except like Lou the assholes use the metric system on sizing.
I mentioned to my wife, maybe I'll do RAGBRAI next year, I'll be retired. She didn't think it was a good idea.
(09-08-2023, 01:36 PM)Mexas Joe Wrote: Sweet score although I know nothing about bikes except like Lou the assholes use the metric system on sizing.

Don't fight it, baby.  Just let it slide in.
(09-09-2023, 01:23 PM)Gusso Wrote: I mentioned to my wife, maybe I'll do RAGBRAI next year,  I'll be retired. She didn't think it was a good idea.

This year it would have been an awful idea, since it was like 103 for the latter half of the week.  But some years you get lucky and it's in the 80s.  I'd be way more likely to do it if they held it in October.

If you come out, you and I can ride through cedar and get some BBQ from brown beard.  Smile
(09-08-2023, 01:36 PM)Mexas Joe Wrote: Sweet score although I know nothing about bikes except like Lou the assholes use the metric system on sizing.

(09-10-2023, 12:13 PM)Trub Lou Wrote:
(09-09-2023, 01:23 PM)Gusso Wrote: I mentioned to my wife, maybe I'll do RAGBRAI next year,  I'll be retired. She didn't think it was a good idea.

This year it would have been an awful idea, since it was like 103 for the latter half of the week.  But some years you get lucky and it's in the 80s.  I'd be way more likely to do it if they held it in October.

If you come out, you and I can ride through cedar and get some BBQ from brown beard.  Smile

Maybe he'll have an ANTIFA night - POGO. Punch one, get one free!
RAGBRAI ready!

[Image: PXL-20230916-215358534.jpg]
Sweet ride!

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
Usa 
Iowa yo!! Stop here and I buy you many beers!! Dip that wheel in that Mississippi

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
Usa