Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cigar thread
[Image: uwvFlQI.jpg]
Punch was my go-to in my cigar days. Mostly bought boxes of Rothchild but my favorite was the "Champion".
(05-30-2020, 11:02 PM)Gusso Wrote: Punch was my go-to in my cigar days.  Mostly bought boxes of Rothchild but my favorite was the "Champion".
Punch has never failed me.
Just picked up a few of this montecristo whites that vagus suggested, and some romeo y julieta reserva reals. Whisky pairing?
Picked up a nice selection of Perdomo's/montecristo and a few others at the local cigars international. Great selection, decent prices and they have a big seating area/bar. If it was closer to home I would visit more often.
(03-12-2021, 11:54 PM)Trub Lou Wrote: Just picked up a few of this montecristo whites that vagus suggested, and some romeo y julieta reserva reals.  Whisky pairing?

Any bourbon or "whisky" would be good.  Enjoy.
I finally got around to trying one of these Romeo y Julieta Reserva Reals. Good smoke, to my limited history for comparison. Seemed a little "dryer" than others, even though they've been in a 72% humidor for a couple of months. Ironically enough, I smoked this on a "scotch guitar" night, where I often put a cigar down for 3-4 minutes at a time to play a song. It kept almost dying, and in fact did require relighting once. I did not encounter that with the Montecristo white, Baccarats, or Nubs. I guess with the Reals, you've gotta stick to a once-per-minute puff or it gets unhappy.

Anyhoo, I've got space for maybe five more sticks in the humidor. Any recommendations? I was thinking of grabbing these.
https://www.famous-smoke.com/illusione-e...?pid=38760
I've tried many expensive cigars but never found one that didn't taste like I was smoking an old boot.
Probably a good thing though, the nicotine would have me back on the cigarettes!
Cigarettes have just never stuck with me. At most, I would have one or two at the bar on the weekends in my college years. Never really did anything for me, and it was just kind of a social thing. I'd like to say it's because I don't have an addictive personality, but video games and fried foods say otherwise.
Man, that nicotine had me in it's grip for a few decades... one reason I won't fire up a stogie.
But, I loved smoking... something to do, calming, went great with alcohol.