Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cigar thread
I think these Olivia Nub Maduros are my current favorite. Perfect smoke length to cap off a nice evening outside, and really great chocolaty coffee kind of flavor. Had one tonight with a glass of Aberlour, and it was just an ideal kind of chill. The season is here.
Odd question. When smoking outside do cigars keep the skeeters away?
I want to say it does, but the skeets are attracted by carbon dioxide, which is a component of cigar smoke. The smoke itself will probably deter them, but unless you're huffing heavy, it may not balance out the scent of dat CO2.
Hard to say, as I almost always have the thermocell fired up when I'm outside burning one.
This time of year is brutal. My humidor just got busted being down at 58%, and this little backup box I keep for the cheaper ones was at 43 - I'm not even sure it's worth trying to recover the latter one, as it's mostly just some baccarats I still had. But the 58% surprised me, because there's both a boveda 72% pack and a propylene glycol pad in there that I'd been pretty good about keeping up on. But it's just been so cold that the air in the house has gotten stupid dry.
(02-06-2022, 02:27 PM)Trub Lou Wrote: This time of year is brutal.  My humidor just got busted being down at 58%, and this little backup box I keep for the cheaper ones was at 43 - I'm not even sure it's worth trying to recover the latter one, as it's mostly just some baccarats I still had.  But the 58% surprised me, because there's both a boveda 72% pack and a propylene glycol pad in there that I'd been pretty good about keeping up on.  But it's just been so cold that the air in the house has gotten stupid dry.

Have you tried wiping down the wood with distilled water? Give it enough to all the wood to swell back up and seal the leaks.
_________
You can never carry too much ammo, unless you are swimming or on fire.
Might have to give it a try. Maybe I need a humidor to put the humidor in to keep it from shrinking back. Yo dawg...
I picked up some Olivia Serie V Melanio a few weeks back, and I've had a chance to smoke two of them and gave two others away. They're on the mild side, but probably have the best aroma of anything I've bought to date. Now we're probably heading in to winter for real after today, and opportunities to sit outside and enjoy decent air may not return until April or May.
Hey Crom.
Usa 
Going to be that time of year again here soon. I think I need to put in a more serious fire pit to extend cigar and scotch guitar season.