Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BOURBON THREAD!!!
Old Tub... sounds delicious!
(01-13-2021, 06:27 PM)dave Wrote: Old Tub... sounds delicious!

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin I thought the same thing when I saw it.  In fact, I think I laughed out loud Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Costco really has a nice supply of Bourbon if you've never shopped there for it.  Sams selection is solid too, but Costco often briefly gets new bourbons, like Old Tub, that I've never heard of.  I wonder what marketing genius at Jim Beam came up with that name??  I'm guessing it MIGHT have trouble selling just cause of the name???
Usa 
Blanton's is $63+tax at the distillery. I'm there a few days per month for work. Alas i can only get it every 3 months like the rest of the world.

Old tub is owned by sazerac, danger people who own Buffalo Trace. They bought the brand earlier this year, along with the designated aging stocks for it. From brown foreman.

Anyone who finds themselves going to Buffalo Trace, let me know. I'd be happy to slap a hard hat and safety vest on a person or two and give you the good tour.

My company is deeply involved in the 1.2b expansion they are undergoing.
I wish I could get out to Frankfort!! I love Buffalo Trace and their tour. The smells of where the barrels are stored would literally make my mouth water. Buffalo was the first bourbon that I spent a ton of $$$ on. It was my jam. Heck, I got a Buffalo Trace blanket that I love to snuggle up on the couch with for Hawkeye games!! I can't find Buffalo Trace as well in Iowa unfortunately. I've got a friend heading through lexington in a few months I'm gonna ask him to hit the Liquor Barn and get me some Blanton's!!

Has anybody tried any of these lesser known Bourbons?  Lou have you tried Cedar Ridge?  I'd try it for the right price.  I have trouble experimenting with Bourbons made outside of Kentucky.  One of my few hangups Tongue

https://uproxx.com/life/best-bourbons-fr...ries-2021/
Usa 
Yes, cedar ridge is legit. Their single malt whisky is actually quite awesome. It definitely beats out other highland malts in that $50-$60 range, imo. When you come to the area, the distillery/vineyard/restaurant is right off of 380 about ten miles south of town. Worth the visit.
I really liked the cody road rye out of mississippi river distillery in le claire.
Cody Road is solid! I've toured the distillery several times. LeClaire is just a 15 min drive for us. There's an awesome brewery, Green Tree, just a couple doors down from Mississippi River. My wife and I like to go to LeClaire for date nights, there's lots of good local restaurants there.

Mississippi River has a strawberry vodka made from Wapsi River strawberries that is killer. I hear people mix it with lemonade. Yum
Usa 
Lou!  You're hooked on this Japanese whiskey me thinks?!  Good news!!  Where do you buy it at?? I honestly think I saw some Japanese whiskey in the upscale spirits section of Sam's club recently.

"Following a spike in popularity back in spring of 2018, stock of Suntory‘s Hakushu Reserve Single Malt 12 Year Whiskey was completely depleted in June of that year. But now after two years of being sold out, the Japanese brewing and distilling name has announced that the beloved spirit will be returning."

https://hypebeast.com/2021/1/suntory-hak...info?amp=1
I have found it at both a local high end liquor store, and at regular old Hy-Vee wine and spirits. Current bottle is
Hatozaki small batch.
I wonder why the Japanese whiskey has such a light color? Must have something to do with the barrels they store it in for aging?!
Usa