Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BOURBON THREAD!!!
Wild Turkey Rare Breed has been my go to these days.
_________
You can never carry too much ammo, unless you are swimming or on fire.
Loves me some Wild Turkey 101.
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell on Tuesday waved off former President Trump's preferred nickname for the Kentucky Republican - "Old Crow" - saying, "It's my favorite bourbon."

"Aren't we using Old Crow as my moniker now? It was Henry Clay's favorite bourbon," McConnell said to a member of his staff during an interview with the Washington Examiner. He was referring to a spirit distilled by Beam Suntory of the same name.

I call BS.  If Turtle Mitch is drinking old crow I would be shocked.  I lived in KY for almost 20 years and I NEVER bought a bottle of Old Crow.  If you live in a state that produces the world's best Bourbon why the heck would you buy Old Crow???  Further, calling it your "favorite Bourbon" is beyond broken.  Apologies if this is anybody's favorite bourbon, I'm guessing that's a longshot though.  I think they bottle it in plastic too, which immediately throws up a red flag.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com...rbon%3famp
I've found a treasure trove of Buffalo Trace 5ths for $22 each and have been snapping them up. Got 6 so far. Looking again tomorrow. One big box vendor sets a 1 per person limit. I hit a small vendor instead.
(02-10-2022, 03:24 AM)Mexas Joe Wrote: I've found a treasure trove of Buffalo Trace 5ths for $22 each and have been snapping them up. Got 6 so far. Looking again tomorrow. One big box vendor sets a 1 per person limit. I hit a small vendor instead.

Sound investment!  When it can be found in Iowa,  which is rare, Buffalo costs $26 at Costco and $24 at Wally World.  I usually grab 3 bottles at Walmart.  I have had success finding it at  Hyvee in Illinois, but I respect freedom so I don't like travelling to Wokeinois.  Buffalo flowed like water in KY.  I toured their distillery in Frankfort.  Great memories.  I'll post some pics if I can track them down!
Give wilderness trail a taste.
Anybody ever try TX Texas made bourbon?!

https://uproxx.com/life/mellow-value-bou...artenders/
Shit is about to go down.

[Image: QzKrfw0.jpg]

[Image: gMQRkHD.jpg][Image: SLrltnI.jpg]
_________
Nice!!!!
The Settlers Select Rye is nice. Just the right amount of spicy.
_________