Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Currently in the fermenter
Last year was the first time since 1998 that I didn't brew. We knew we weren't having the Halloween party, which is typically my main event where I do 5-7 varieties. So I just let it drop and focused on other things. Will need to find a good recipe for getting back in after this brief pandemic induced hiatus.
(02-19-2021, 01:37 AM)Gusso Wrote: Mexas, get off that seltzer and get back into the game.  I took about 6 years off and I'm now brewing better beer than evah! Lots of improvements out there over the past few years.

All my equipment is in the attic. When I got into brewing back on the Greenboard days, there was like zero microbrews. Now there are a million. 

It's hard work and I'm lazy. Perhaps I'll dust off the fermenter and do a cider.
Gonna try another new yeast tomorrow - Gulo, from Omega. Looks interesting in a Biere de Garde. I like to try different things in brewing. I won't pressure ferment as my Torpedo is tied up for a few more days. George is supposed to sell me his 10g corny, so eventually I'll be able to have 2 going at once.

(02-19-2021, 02:47 PM)Trub Lou Wrote: Last year was the first time since 1998 that I didn't brew.  We knew we weren't having the Halloween party, which is typically my main event where I do 5-7 varieties.  So I just let it drop and focused on other things.  Will need to find a good recipe for getting back in after this brief pandemic induced hiatus.

What style do you prefer?  I brew quite a variety. I'll let you know what works out for me.
All over the map, but I always have one ipa, one lighter lager, and some kind of sour or wheat ("for the ladies").
The "Biere de Gulo" is fermenting quickly. From 1.069 to 1.033 in about 32 hours from pitching.
Wow, that's an active ferment!
Down to 1.010 after 48 but has suddenly slowed.
Only at 1.007 now. Was hoping to reach 1.003. I guess I'll wait it out for a few more days.
Not that I plan on bottling the SV but I made a label anyway.

[Image: Screenshot-20210226-075028.png]

A little less busy...

[Image: Screenshot-20210226-082329.png]
I like it. Would have tried to grab a still of him rapping the cucumber on the bar, but I can see how that would be tough to come by in decent resolution.