Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recipes/Foods/Eating Thread!
Baked wings always just taste slightly *off* to me, compared to traditional buffalo wings. But finishing them on the grill seems like a nice touch. Would attack.
Those look awesome BD! It's at times like this that being allergic to poultry is a difficult burden to shoulder!!!
Usa 
Just salt and pepper. Side will be some onion heavy crick fries, and maybe a nice custard pie.
(01-24-2021, 03:14 PM)bdutton Wrote: My Grilled Buffalo/Cajun wings recipe:

1. Separate tips from flats and legs.

2. Place on a rack and pat dry with paper towels.

3. Place wings uncovered in the fridge overnight (skip this if impatient)

4. Preheat oven to 350 and bake wings for 30 minutes.

5. Remove from oven and let cool.

6. Heat grill to 350.

7. Put a place about 10 legs/flats in a gallon zip-loc bag and add generous amounts of Franks Red Hot and Old Bay seasoning and shake until well covered.

8. Grill for about 2 or so minutes per side or until they get a nice char.

9. Serve with Maries Blue Cheese and side of celery stalks and Labatts Blue.

[Image: Al5661s.jpg]

I was with you till the Old Bay. I really lost you with the LaBatts.

I've been Keto for 12 months.

It's gay to be on Pinterest, but that's where I get most of my dinn-ah ideas these days.
Num, num. I love custard pie. When I lived in Kentucky I used to go to this restaurant in Frankfort that had the best chess pie!! We got salt n peppa seasoned filets and loaded baked taters we are gonna break out for Bucs game!!
We started doing our french fries by first just making great baked potatoes, with the brined skin and finishing brush of oil. Then when they cool down we cut into either batons or disks. Game changing, and actually less fuss than a conventional double fry imo.
Gonna try these.  Kids love the Sam's club Chik Fil A faux nuggets...

https://www.eatthis.com/news-costco-sell...ick-fil-a/

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/chick...tco-tiktok
BLT's and fries tonight

Crinkle cut the potatoes - short boil in water with a little baking soda - fry to blonde - pull for a rest - then double fry. Worth the little extra effort.
Wife and I went out to lunch today.  She's off on Fridays so those are our date days!  Went to a new restaurant and had a great lunch.  I had a lobster roll that was KILLER.  I don't eat lobster very often so it was a rare treat.  Gonna have to go there and eat more often!

DJ they had a BLT that I almost got and a Salmon BLT that sounded tempting too.  Let us know how those fries turn out.
I've really been digging baked sweet potato lately. I understand they are healthier and they are definitely tasty and filling. Here's a recommendation that I read about recently that I'm gonna try tonight!!

"I coated the yam in bacon grease and Sicilian sea salt before baking. If you’ve never coated a root vegetable in bacon grease, it’s very easy: scoop some grease up with your (clean) fingers, and rub it all around the potato with your hands, then sprinkle on salt to form a glittering crust."

https://skillet.lifehacker.com/how-to-ma...159787/amp