Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solar.
Thanks, I have a lot of work to do yet.
The wiring is easy for me, but building the big ass array is putting a hurt on my old arse.
Buzz do you have a lot of horses? I noticed the horse on your barn. I took riding lessons as a child and love riding for fun. Our family is excited about riding on the beach when we visit down south. Patience is gonna pay off big time with your project!!!
This property was used for horses by the prior owners.
A young man was buying them at an auction when no one else bid on them.
He had a crew of Amish that would try and rehab them for resale, if not he trucked them to Mexico to sell.
Update:
650 lbs of lithium iron phosphate, 48v right at 31kwhr racked an ready to wire up.
My back loved the moving them.

[Image: received-729691464893641.jpg]
That's some great looking High Voltage! Play some Angus to heal that achy back![Image: 0d6ebfd73d6aaae2d94eacf8c3d2cdac.jpg]

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Usa 
[Image: received-1567225117007291.jpg]
Looks like you'll be done way before cold weather sets in!
Usa 
I've miscalculated the racking for the array.
The distance between posts allows for horizontal flexure
If I were to sheath it, that shear force would be neutralized, I can't have my solar panels fighting that load.
Trying to find a simple effective solution to mitigate this.
Would adding more posts be the best option?
Usa 
I think I'll have to.
It can carry the weight vertically, but the 2x10 flex and allow the entire rack to flap laterally.
I failed to tack in to account that "joists" need the decking material to control shear / harmonics.
I tested using 2x4s as diagonal across the joists and as 90' opposed stiffening elements. Not enough.