Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joining Gusso...
This thing was a good but heavier than I expected.

Got it put together last night and did a trial run with some quick dough using the propane burner. It went out a few times, as the wind was kind of ridiculous, but even with that, it was holding 850 F pretty well.
Pics next time you fire it up?

Also curious about how much propane you chew through to get that constant 850?
I'm going to assume it's a lot. I may just try wood/charcoal this weekend for comparison.
Strictly propane on my Koda 16. I made 3 pies last night - they turned out awesome.

Pizza Margherita...

[Image: PXL-20220323-210950460-NIGHT.jpg]

(03-17-2022, 11:34 PM)Trub Lou Wrote: Alright.  I'll probably kick myself for having to find another place to store a gadget, but I think I'm going to pull the trigger on an Ooni.  

Which one do you have?  I really can't decide between wood and propane, and the Karu 16 supports both, plus I can do charcoal for that New Haven style goodness.  So I think I'm going to go that route.  

Do you have a permanent home for yours, or do you just get it out and stow it as needed?

I just keep it on a cart and cover it up. It's outside next to my Blackstone.

Per my wife's request, I made a Pepe's inspired Clam Pie. Not my thing but my wife loved it.

[Image: PXL-20220323-205424695-NIGHT.jpg]
spinner app online
Pies look great Gusso! I could deal with that clam! A Gulf coast pizza place we like does shrimp scampi pizza. You may need a bigger tank Lou!!
We should prolly have a Blackstone thread. I love mine.
Lord help me I just bought a bread machine on Amazon.

Mnnnn Fresh bread and pizza dough.
No shame in a bread machine. The wife uses a KitchenAid. When I get older and more frail, I may go that route too. Big Grin
Mmm flesh bread.
You all need to try that artisan bread recipe I posted! Yesterday I made it with some pickle juice, the results were excellent!!