Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brewing tomorrow
I brewed this IPA a few weeks ago. Very fruity, very nice. This is the Kveik I fermented at 104 with Lotus hops.

[Image: PXL-20220921-223014954.jpg]
So thirsty

Gusso, Isaac was wearing his Eagles jersey the other day! I'll get a pic next time he wears it. He's a LOT BIGGER. you picked the right size!!
Usa 
Nice!
I did the needful today.  Finally brewed after a year (no time in the spring).

I've been having efficiency issues since I got my new grain mill, and have been adding extra grain to account for it. Last time I brewed, I noticed some dry grain in my mash tun (never had that before in 15 years of using that mash tun).  So today I made sure everything was very well mixed.

That fixed my efficiency problem.  My APA ended up with a SG of 1.060  Crap
(10-07-2022, 07:40 PM)mikesarney Wrote: I did the needful today.  Finally brewed after a year (no time in the spring).

I've been having efficiency issues since I got my new grain mill, and have been adding extra grain to account for it. Last time I brewed, I noticed some dry grain in my mash tun (never had that before in 15 years of using that mash tun).  So today I made sure everything was very well mixed.

That fixed my efficiency problem.  My APA ended up with a SG of 1.060  Crap

Nice
My first brew day since December. I'm making a hoppy Kveik with mostly Lotus hops. I have a lot of brewing to do in the next couple of weeks for the pool party season which is upon us.
I brewed 10 gallons on April 21. Need to transfer that to kegs. Might try to do a quick 5 gallon batch on Friday. Thinking an cream ale since I haven't done one of those in probably 10 years. If not Friday, then I might need to try Kveik later in the summer.
Gearing up for another brew tomorrow. Ran 16# of grain through the mill a little while ago. Going to make a Baltic Porter.
(05-20-2023, 07:05 PM)Gusso Wrote: Gearing up for another brew tomorrow. Ran 16# of grain through the mill a little while ago. Going to make a Baltic Porter.

Nice.  One of my favorites
(05-17-2023, 05:17 PM)Gusso Wrote: My first brew day since December. I'm making a hoppy Kveik with mostly Lotus hops. I have a lot of brewing to do in the next couple of weeks for the pool party season which is upon us.

Just killed the Lotus Kveik. It was a great beer until the final pint. I might do it again tomorrow.  So convenient using Kveik in the hot months - only need to chill wort to 100.