Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brewing tomorrow
Brewed an IPA yesterday - lots of hops! 13 oz of Idaho 7, Idaho Gem, Cryo Pop, and Lotus (heavy Lotus).
Seems to be fermenting as planned. 1.077 to 1024 so far. Hopefully, it gets to at least 1.015.
I've been out of brewing for so long I've never heard of any of those hops.
(01-12-2024, 12:22 AM)Gusso Wrote: Brewed an IPA yesterday - lots of hops! 13 oz of Idaho 7, Idaho Gem, Cryo Pop, and Lotus (heavy Lotus).

(01-13-2024, 02:45 PM)dave Wrote: I've been out of brewing for so long I've never heard of any of those hops.

Yeah, I took a long break, too. I was surprised at all the new hops and yeasts. These new hops are fruit bombs.
(01-13-2024, 04:22 PM)Gusso Wrote:
(01-12-2024, 12:22 AM)Gusso Wrote: Brewed an IPA yesterday - lots of hops! 13 oz of Idaho 7, Idaho Gem, Cryo Pop, and Lotus (heavy Lotus).

(01-13-2024, 02:45 PM)dave Wrote: I've been out of brewing for so long I've never heard of any of those hops.

Yeah, I took a long break, too. I was surprised at all the new hops and yeasts. These new hops are fruit bombs.

What hops are your favorites for fruity accents?   How are you using them?  I'm almost a year out of the game but feel good enough to start again.  Still have a lot of grain, dry yeast and sealed hopes in the freezer.  I was disappointed with the thiol boosting yeasts but they should get better according to our brewer son in Dallas.
I didn't get the results I was looking for with the Thiol yeast either. I'm going to try one more time with one of those yeasts with Phantasm powder. As for fruity hops, I've been liking lotus and Cryo pop (both are Cryo T45 pellets) lately. Azzacca , galaxy, citra, Eldorado, Vic Secret, and Idaho gem, are a few more that pack a fruity punch. Most of my hop additions are post boil.
Back in the 80's, my cousin and I used to get lit up on Elephant beer. Yesterday, I brewed my Mammoth lager for when my cousin and brother come down next month. It should finish around 9% abv.

I used my in-ground wort chiller.

[Image: PXL-20240209-192714964.jpg]
Isn't homebrewing illegal?
Picked up 15 gallons of RO water today. I'm going to try for 2 more batches before my guests arrive in mid March