Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skipping Christmas Road Trip
A camper is not ideal when the temp falls below freezing. The problem is frozen pipes, yes most campers have heated underbellies and that's fine when you are stationary, but you can't run the furnace while driving thus your shit's a block of ice when you finally get to camp and they never ever thaw out unless you get a hairdryer after them.

And then you have to deal with a frozen water hose and you can't dump your shit tanks because the vales will be frozen as well.

tl:dr

Camping below freezing can suck major ass.
(12-19-2022, 10:39 PM)Mexas Joe Wrote: A camper is not ideal when the temp falls below freezing. The problem is frozen pipes, yes most campers have heated underbellies and that's fine when you are stationary, but you can't run the furnace while driving thus your shit's a block of ice when you finally get to camp and they never ever thaw out unless you get a hairdryer after them.

And then you have to deal with a frozen water hose and you can't dump your shit tanks because the vales will be frozen as well.

Sounds like real adventure!   Idea
(12-19-2022, 10:39 PM)Mexas Joe Wrote: A camper is not ideal when the temp falls below freezing. The problem is frozen pipes, yes most campers have heated underbellies and that's fine when you are stationary, but you can't run the furnace while driving thus your shit's a block of ice when you finally get to camp and they never ever thaw out unless you get a hairdryer after them.

tl:dr

Camping below freezing can suck major ass.

Feel your pain.  Last camping trip I discovered a waste tank valve wasn't closing entirely which means replace it. And of course other stuff got in the way where I haven't done that yet.  I do have an end of pipe valve for the common line all three lines drain to, which I knew had liquid in it.  Knew this freeze was coming, so I drained that main line, yuck, and then poured an extra gallon of antifreeze down the drains.  I don't think there's enough liquid left to freeze and bust something, but with my luck, a few bucks worth of antifreeze was worth the insurance.  I had previously poured some to treat the elbows, but I figured I'd hit the tanks/drain lines good.
I bet that was fun.
Same here. Port Aransas beach trip got cancelled. Could not get out of Midway.
Gonna spend Iowa time with family on staycation. Oh, and Bourbon. Planning Spring Break Galveston trip and gonna try Port A next Christmas.
Usa 
Spring Break South Padre! Despite our Port Aransas trip not happening, Southwest airlines really stepped up and made it right. Much respect for their efforts. Our next few trips airfare should be free.
Usa 
Bumpage. So Boss says she want to hit KY for the "Ark" she was denied by the blizzard last December for our October anniversary trip. Fine Whatevs. Thought I dodged that bullet but Meats Back on the Menu Boys.

Sigh. I don't care about the destination but will enjoy getting there and will have fun.
Buffalo Trace and Woodford Reserve tours!

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

2 by 2 yo!

Gonna hit Port Aransas for Christmas!

Usa 
Wilderness trail distillery.
I picked up a couple bottles of Blantons, could have got a couple of cases they had them.

Where? In Vicksburg MS of all places. The locals taste is more to Ripple and Hennessy lol.