Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where's mah meat on the smoker thread?
Gotta say the ribs were disappointing. Came out too dry.
Those look like back ribs? For me ribs are the toughest thing to smoke. All my back ribs come out too dry, spares I occasionally can do ok.
Usa 
(05-24-2023, 02:23 AM)Yep... Back ribs.  Figured they had more meat to them.  TO be honest after soaking them in BBAugie91 Wrote: Those look like back ribs?  For me ribs are the toughest thing to smoke.  All my back ribs come out too dry, spares I occasionally can do ok.

Yep... Back ribs.  They looked more meaty.  To be honest after keeping them soaking in a ziplock in bbq sauce overnight re-heating them they have been very tasty.
30 lbs of bacon about to get out of the fridge
, clear off the cureand get it on the smoker.
Beef short ribs on the smoker. Hickory, S&P only, heavy on the P.

WSM smokers are stupid. Each section fits into the one under it. It should be the opposite to keep water out if it rains before the coals are out.
Tossed a small 12lb brisket on this morning because feck yah.

Caught on sale for 1.85 lb so picked up a couple because that's like 1/2 off.

3lbs of wings to smoke as well besides potato salad and pork n beans.

Got Damn I'm soo happy it's Fall Ya'll those 45 straight days of 100+ really wore me down.
Nice coincidence...
An hour ago I pulled my old, battered bullet smoker out of storage and cleaned it up ( and bent it back into shape!).
I'm not big on smoking, takes up too much of my day, so I'll probably mostly use it as a grill and only do the occasional smoke.
I do like smoked meats though.